[development] LinksDB vs. Links

Michelle Cox mcox at charter.net
Fri Jul 28 18:35:24 UTC 2006

Funny that this should come up now. I was just talking about it on IRC last
night. As a user wanting to implement links on my site, I wanted to know
what advantage using linksDB has over CCK & views and was pointed at the one
in CVS as well.  So now I have three things to choose from and am still not
sure. Having multiple ways to do things can be nice but also daunting when
you are trying to figure out what to implement.

If there is an existing module for some functionality and someone writes a
similar module, it would be lovely if they would take a few minutes to put
in the module description what theirs does different, why you would want to
use one of the other, stuff like that. It doesn't have to be a fancy
comparison chart or anything, but just a quick paragraph would do wonders to
ease the user confusion.

MichelleC