[development] Modules page rework

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Sat Jul 29 12:33:49 UTC 2006

> 1) I'm using a module metadata file. It's a .ini file, because that's
> easy. All the discussions I've read/been involved with in the past
> showed the .ini file as being the least offensive of the various

I'd still like to voice my dislike of this approach:

  * We've moved away from .sql to PHP .install files.
  * Inis are easy to parse for PHP, but PHP is even easier!
  * It presumes a "new" format that a developer has to know.
  * Your comments about translations are valid.

Likewise, I don't like the idea of having multiple meta-files hanging
around. There's been lots of talk about not having to load in help files
for every module load, and that means sticking them in an external file.
  I'd hate to have an .ini, a .help, an .install, and a .module. There
should be a .module (the code), an .install (get the code running) and a
.meta (or whatever, to describe the code).

--
Morbus Iff ( masochism-oriented recombinant bot (unlisted series) )