[development] Download statistics for core

Corey Bordelon corey.bordelon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 14:13:00 UTC 2006

On 6/2/06, Gerhard Killesreiter <gerhard at killesreiter.de> wrote:

> Corey Bordelon wrote:
> > Considering that the bugfix was released yesterday, I think it may be to
> > early to tell if people are forgetting to do the security updates or
> not.
> >

> The 4.7.1 bugfix is out for a week.

Sorry.  I meant for 4.7.2

> I noticed that you don't have the stats for the 4.7.0 release.  It
> > would be
> > interesting to see how many downloaded it compared to 4.7.1.
>
> 36693 for May

Combining the number of downloads for both bugfixes (some may not have had
time to update to 4.7.1, but just went straight to 4.7.2), it comes out to
9406.  That means that only 25% of the people that installed Drupal 4.7.0 in
May are following  up with the security fixes.

Of course that's not taking into account the good adminstrators that did the
actual updates when they should have (duplicates in the numbers).

I'm sorry if the number cruncher in me is taking over and saying the
obvious, I can't help it.