[development] Download statistics for core

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 16:49:43 UTC 2006

On 02 Jun 2006, at 17:45, John Handelaar wrote:
> Statistically speaking, it does not.
>
> Probably the easiest way to "patch" is to get 4.7.2
> and overwrite everything.  We don't have any data
> on how many people are doing that (and can't get that
> data anyhow).

It was suggested that, on clean Drupal installations, we
automatically enable the aggregator.module, that we subscribe it to
the 'Drupal security announcement' feed, and that we show a 'Drupal
security announcement' block on some or all administration pages.
This might be a simple but effective step towards a better
notification mechanism.

Maybe we should cook up a patch for this, and continue the discussion
in the issue tracker.