[development] In 4.7 you can assign regions to any template (node, comment, etc.)

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Wed Jun 7 16:26:24 UTC 2006

Moshe Weitzman wrote:
> pretty cool. thanks for writing this up.
>
> sometimes i long for the module provided regions that i think you coded
> into a version of the regions patch way back when.

Wading into this completely without having read much, but seeing the brilliance
that Nedjo pointed out, it occurs to me...

could one not use drupal_set_content('arbitrary_region_value', $content) and
then use theme('blocks', 'arbitrary_region_value') to display it?

Thus giving, effectively, module coded regions that need only a tiny bit of help
to be displayed in a template?

Actually, from looking at the code, drupal_get_content('arbitrary_region_value')
would be better since it wouldn't hit the module_invoke.