[development] Install profiles tutorial for Drupal 4.7, Friday 8AM PST

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Fri Jun 9 19:06:31 UTC 2006

Bèr Kessels wrote:
> Why stare blind on one install system that is not tested, not mature and has

Ber, Angie's post was about getting people to test. Nothing is perfect
in core, and quite a bit of functionality has its replacement in contrib
nowadays (taxonomy, aggregator, etc). Sometimes these replacements get
into core in place of outdated stuff. This is how parts of CCK are
hopefully going to get into core in place of story, page, etc modules.
This does not mean story and page should not have been there, and we
should have been waiting for (a simplified) CCK all along. Or does it?

> not proved to be the Right Solution? Why depend only on those that can review
> patches, when we have a huge reviewing organism called "contribs"? Only
> because the Mob demands install systems? If they do so, lets give it, in
> contribs. And let that Mob sort out what the best stuff is, what needs fixed
> and what should be changed.

>From what I can tell, there was quite a big crowd testing the various
incarnations of this install system, being users of civicspace.

Gabor