[development] Data-driven database tables and updates

sime info at urbits.com
Sat Jun 10 17:11:08 UTC 2006

This discussion about the virtues/evils of database application layers
is weird. I don't know if I'm missing something.
When it comes down to it, this is *not* SQL:

    db_query('SELECT COUNT(vid) FROM {ec_product} WHERE vid = %d',
$node->vid)

So any (potential) Drupal programmers who can't handle a database
application layer have already left the building. Bye bye programmers,
sorry you couldn't work out the whole %d %d %s %s %s thing!