[development] Install profiles tutorial for Drupal 4.7, Friday 8AM PST

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Sun Jun 11 08:11:57 UTC 2006

Op vrijdag 9 juni 2006 23:35, schreef Kieran Lal:
> So you think the path to usability is through command line scripts?
> Have you ever actually watched someone who has never seen a command
> line in their life try to use the command line?  I have, as part of
> the user research for this installer.

You did not understand me there. This needs clarification.

I NEVER said that commandline nistallation is the end-goal. NEVER.

Commanline tools, or better: common install APIs, is what I think is the route
to go.

Then, *on top of that*, one can build a web-based installer. Bot *also* an apt
package. Or a Plesk addon. Or ... and so on. IF we develop primarily a
webbased installer, I ( stress that I) feel we are getting to the ultimate
goal (easy Drupalinstallation) via the wrong road.

Bèr

--
| Bèr Kessels | webschuur.com | website development |
| Jabber & Google Talk: ber at jabber.webschuur.com
| http://bler.webschuur.com | http://www.webschuur.com |

Drupal repareert wederom een kritiek veiligheidslek:
 http://help.sympal.nl/drupal_repareert_wederom_een_kritiek_veiligheidslek