[development] Install profiles tutorial for Drupal 4.7, Friday 8AM PST

Jenny Hsueh lists at ondemand-network.com
Sun Jun 11 15:06:10 UTC 2006

Let me throw in my two cents hope they are  not too off target.

 I think what Ber advocating here is that an easy "Drupal install" will
benefit from an easy "Drupal deployment" first.
I also see a huge benefit of tying Drupal deployment process with the
current popular web hosting control panels such as Plesk or cPanel as
this way we can encourage more contribution for drupal add-on's  in the
traditional hosting environment as well as leverage many other packages
that have  already built around  Plesk, cPanel for billing and client
management etc.

I do think both druapl deployment and install functions should all be
part of core eventually so that we don't divert the resource and create
confusions. I wonder, Ber - is your sympal script a starting point to
focus on the "deployment" aspect that we can combine the energy with
civicspace install?

Jenny