[development] Staging content to production servers

Jeremy Epstein jazepstein at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 23:38:50 UTC 2006

The Import / Export API will certainly be a great tool for migrating
data from a staging environment to a prod environment. The API
supports any data that is stored in the DB: that is, not just the
usual nodes / users / comments / categories, but also variables (i.e.
config settings), system files, block configuration, and anything else
you can think of. As long as there's a definition available for the
data structure, it can be exported / imported.

There currently isn't support for properly exporting / importing
serialized data, but adding support is simply a matter of defining
'serialized' as a new field type in the API.

Cheers,
Jaza.