[development] Staging content to production servers

Dave Cohen drupal at dave-cohen.com
Fri Jun 16 23:48:49 UTC 2006

I've started to address this issue by reserving the first 1000 ids for the
"staging" (or if you prefer, "install profile").  So for instance node nid 10
comes from the install profile, while node nid 1010 is on the production
server only.  Same goes for vocabulary with vid 10 (or 1010), menu with mid
10 (or 1010), etc.  Later, I can add node 11 to the install profile and
propigate it to my production site easily enough and without fear of
overwriting anything that's been configured on the production server.

You can read exactly how I do this here <http://dave-cohen.com/node/1066>.

-Dave