[development] Staging content to production servers

Dave Cohen drupal at dave-cohen.com
Sat Jun 17 17:19:31 UTC 2006

On Saturday 17 June 2006 07:55, Larry Garfield wrote:
> On Saturday 17 June 2006 09:45, Jenny Hsueh wrote:

> > But  I wonder how is this going to work in a release upgrade when this
> > feature is included, we can have some scripts to bump all existing nodes
> > by 1000, but does it mean those millions of drupal nodes that have been
> > indexed by google or being bookmarked will all be broken?

I suppose you could try something like that, although I imagined using my
suggestion for new sites only.

The google index would be wrong at first, but fixed after google's bot
revisited the site.  User bookmarks would remain broken.

> > Jenny
>
> Or those sites that have more than 1000 pages, and therefore would need
> more namespace room than that for a full mirror staging area?

Of course 1000 was just an arbitrary choice that seemed like plenty for my
needs.  Others may want a higher number.

-Dave