[development] Staging content to production servers

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Sat Jun 17 17:43:16 UTC 2006

On Saturday 17 June 2006 12:19, Dave Cohen wrote:

> > Or those sites that have more than 1000 pages, and therefore would need
> > more namespace room than that for a full mirror staging area?
>
> Of course 1000 was just an arbitrary choice that seemed like plenty for my
> needs.  Others may want a higher number.
>
> -Dave

The problem is that I may not know in advance how many I'll need.  That's
especially true with a site where users can supply content arbitrarily, such
as anything with a forum.

If we want to have an integrated staging/live setup, then an alternate URL set
would be more flexible.  Eg, anything prefixed with /staging/ is the staging
version of whatever comes after it.  (I'm not entirely sure how one would do
that, but it would be a better plan, and easier to mirror back and forth,
methinks.

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012