[development] Staging content to production servers

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Sun Jun 18 19:56:41 UTC 2006

Op donderdag 15 juni 2006 20:16, schreef Khalid B:
> Perhaps a starting point would be something similar to the Node
> Import/Export that Jeremy Epstein is writing as part of SoC.

My idea is that we should start with the runtime
environments "development", "testing" and "live".

On my server I have these three available as subdomains too,
where "development" is a standalone drupal install for all sites, "testing"
is a testing.example.com multisite on the main installation and live is just
example.com on that main installation.

Together with some (ugly) scripts that extract stuff from database tables, and
my initial fixtures code this works for me.

I would love to turn these scripts into sympal script contribs, but so far
lack of time and interest (I.E. "it works for me" and "drupal seems to go
into a different direction wrt all this anyway") make me not want to
contribute this atm.

People whom are intersted are very welcome to lend a hand. In that case,
please get me offlist. Then we can discuss where to take this.

Bèr