[development] Forms API newbie guide?

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Mon Jun 19 13:38:27 UTC 2006

On Sunday 18 June 2006 19:39, Shawn wrote:

> Don't get me wrong - what documentation does exist is great, and thanks
> are given to all the contributors.  What is lacking (unless I haven't
> found it yet) is what I consider the "hand holding" type of documents to
> get from zero knowledge about Drupal code to creating the average types
> of modules.  An average module would have database tables and forms to
> create/update data, as well as pure content management type routines.
> The current Module Developers Guide is a great start.  But misses some
> of the details that make everything "click" for a new Drupal coder.

I am so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I can't contribute to
the documentation to make it better or fill in the gaps, because I don't even
know what questions to ask to get the answers I'm looking for. After a while,
I begin to stop asking questions, because it's obvious everyone else gets it,
so it must just be that I'm a moron for not intuitively just figuring it all
out.

--
Jason Flatt
Father of Six:  http://www.flattfamily.com/ (Joseph, 13; Cramer, 11; Travis,