[development] Proxying Files Downloads Through Drupal

Darrel O'Pry dopry at thing.net
Tue Jun 20 23:03:19 UTC 2006

Can you describe you application in a bit more detail?

>From what you've said I would suggest taking advantage of php's stream
support and merging it with something like file_download(...). that
sends the headers and an associated data stream.

Imagecache does something sort of similar where it generates a
derivative image on the fly and delivers it to the browser the first
time the image is created.