[development] Proxying Files Downloads Through Drupal

Rob Thorne rob at torenware.com
Tue Jun 20 22:26:57 UTC 2006

Darrel O'Pry wrote:
> Can you describe you application in a bit more detail?

I have a small server that delivers a dynamically generated file via HTTP.

I need to:

   1. Get input from the end user describing what kind of output the
      user wants.
   2. Process the form and determine what kind of output the user wants
      and is entitled to.
   3. Generate the URL that points to the resource that best satisfies
      the request.
   4. Fetch the stream somehow, perhaps with the PHP curl module.
   5. Do any munging I need to do on the headers (if I even need to do
      this).
   6. Send the bytes back to the user.

This probably is similar to some of the audio or image modules in terms
of how they might be fetching their input and passing them on to the
user's browser.

Thanks,
Rob