[development] Image Support in the upcoming drupal release

Drupalista drupal at web.de
Thu Mar 2 02:11:59 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am testiung drupal extensively. great ideas, really, you made a fine
job there.

*BUT* I need to admit, that the image handling is absolutely not
acceptable at the moment.

I read about I think 4 or 5 different ways to get inline images into
articles. That is all "hidden" in the forums and users have to fight
thru several modules to get something working that people are used to
get as an out-of-the-box feature. inline, upload, img. img_assist,
then complications with different other modules, inline tags showing
up in taxonomy blocks, editors not working because of patches...
totally unusable for "the normal user"

I really like drupal. PLEASE make the image uploading thing an
important issue - please tidy up that image module jungle and provide
ONE working and good integrated image tool that comes with drupal
core.

please do not release any new drupal without that image functionality
beeing at least as good and usable as in other systems around.

THANKS!

Drupalista