[development] Who's Using SimpleTest?

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Fri Mar 3 18:35:10 UTC 2006

On Mar 2, 2006, at 7:56 PM, Rob Thorne wrote:

> I'm about to start work on a new project, and noticed the
> simpletest module.  This seems like a nice way to unit test the new
> code, especially any public APIs I expose.
>
> Who's using this now, and if you're one of them, how happy are you
> with the module as it is?

We have thought about using simpletest for Drupal contrib modules
that ship with CivicSpace.  But embracing expensive processes without
the backing of the Drupal community is really difficult.  So if
anyone is serious about using unit tests I suggest we start first
with writing simple tests for core modules.  Once these tests are
shown to be useful by dev's to test their core patches, I think it
will catch on with contribs.

We did this with admin >> help >> modulename for Drupal core and it
seems to be catching on for contribs.

My two cents.

Cheers,
Kieran