[development] re: defining critical bugs

qomo qomo at comcast.net
Sat Mar 4 01:15:35 UTC 2006

I forgot who just sent an email yesterday suggesting we offer guidelines
on what a critical bug is, etc.  I think this email, and the one sent a
week before, fell completely into a void.

I just want to say that I think this would save the core developers a
lot of time in trying to get rid of critical bugs, by preventing users
from submitting non-critical bugs as critical bugs.  (I think this is
where an hour spent writing the guidelines could save many more hours of
going thru the endless critical bugs.)

remember, we'll never get down to zero, unless we (you) squash the bugs
FASTER than they are reported.

there are 2 rates, the rate of fixing, and the rate of reporting. We've
been focusing on the former. I suggest we do something about the rate of
reporting.

Ann