[development] Image Support in the upcoming drupal release

Jeremy Epstein jazepstein at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 05:14:51 UTC 2006

In my experience, the image and img_assist modules together provide
all the image functionality that most Drupal sites need. When you
install these two modules side-by-side, you get basic gallery
functionality, options to auto-resize images to different sizes, and
excellent inline image uploading and inserting.

img_assist is currently not ready for 4.7, however this is being
worked on (http://drupal.org/node/40297). I submitted the latest patch
to upgrade it to 4.7, and I am successfully running the module on a
4.7 site at the moment (with my patch). The reason the patch hasn't
been committed is that the module's maintainer is rewriting it, mainly
with usability and cosmetic improvements, and pretty much the same
features.

Once img_assist is ready for 4.7, I see no reason for you to complain.

Jaza.

PS: Bèr, I'm sure the inline module is a great solution too, but I
haven't tried it, and img_assist works for me. I've always thought of
img_assist as the 'standard' inline imaging tool for Drupal, and
newbies NEED standard tools!