[development] db_encode_blob

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Sun Mar 5 13:53:07 UTC 2006

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 12:16:43 +0100, Tadej Baša <tadej.basa at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm trying to write sqlite support for Drupal and I noticed, that fields
> of type blob don't get encoded with db_encode_blob, e.g. in
> bootstrap.inc: function cache_set. Is this OK (because it's causing
> problems for sqlite) ?
> Regards
> Tadej

Hi!

SQLite support for Drupal is done -- I have written the first one to
understand the DB layer more. However... which SQLite? 2.x is not good
enough (SELECT x FROM y JOIN z will return x.y instead of x) and 3.x has
only PDO support which is PHP core only since 5.1. This has been raised
over and over.

Also, while writing database.sqlite.inc is definitely possible, there is
the issue of maintanence..

Regards

NK