[development] db_encode_blob

Tadej Baša tadej.basa at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 14:11:53 UTC 2006

Yes, I know that an sqlite layer has already been written. This was also
the key factor why I've chosen to use Drupal over Mambo (or whatever
else). I've built my first site on 4.5.0+sqlite
(www.planinsko-drustvo-ng.si). Now I think it's time to upgrade. The old
.sqlite.inc doesn't work with 4.7, so I'm trying to rewrite it.
My original question was not about sqlite, but "why db_encode_blob() is
not used". I know there are a lot of queries in core which are sqlite
unfriendly :) (even more in contrib...). The problem in cache_set() was
the first one to appear. I'm just asking if this was done on purpose
(http://drupal.org/node/10796, http://drupal.org/node/41335)

Tadej

Karoly Negyesi pravi: