[development] Re-Thinking Events in Drupal

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Sun Mar 5 20:29:44 UTC 2006

On 05 Mar 2006, at 10:20 PM, Larry Garfield wrote:

> I find that repeating events is one of the strong points of the
> Palm OS
> calendar app.  It's been a LONG time since I did Palm development,
> but the
> original Date Book app used to have its source code available as
> example
> code.  Perhaps that's something we'd want to look at for inspiration.
This is where date types could be useful.

In postgres :
create table mytable (myint interval, last_executed timestamp,
recurr_count integer default 0);

Then you can select last_executed + myint to see when the next date is.

intervals could be things like '3 months' , '1 week' , '2 days'
whatever.

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy