[development] someone make a theme out of these templates

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Wed Mar 8 13:46:53 UTC 2006

Op woensdag 8 maart 2006 13:00, schreef Stefan Nagtegaal:
> > http://www.mollio.org/
> > please =)

I had a quick glance. Very (very!) nice but a lot of buts, for porting to
Drupal:
 * The Drupal label output and form output is very different. We need to
change core if we want to support this.
 * Drupal has a lot of default content styles that will conflect with these
styles.
 * Drupal outputs a lot more HTML in general then this theme uses. The styles
will need to become a lot more complex.
 * Drupal uses DIVs for 90% of its wrapping. Mollio uses much more spans, p-s
and UL/LIs for all this.

In common, I find themeing for drupal goes as follows:
 1. Good HTML mockup (mollio themes!)
 2. Port to page.tpl node.tpl and other components. Mostly copy-paste work.
 3. Find all the cruft, define all the unused dynamically generated wrappers
and change the style definitions accordingly (ie: ul#menu li, suddenly
becomes #nav .item-list ul li). Try to remove/reorder as much as possible
with theme functions.

Esp 3 is a HUGE jub. And I find myself very often changing the complete source
of my initial design because I found that Drupal outputs its DOM in such a
way, that it breaks my initial design. And that theme fnuctions are going to
be so complex (including pregging) that Its better to rethink the initial
ideas.

1 and 2 are, as I see it very simple to do with mollio. #3 is going to give
trouble. If you want the cleanness of mollio, (and you will want that,
because it is its foundation) you will end up with an enormous,
unmaintainable and un-understandable (with all due respect, though)
template.php as civicspace theme has.

Bèr
--
| Bèr Kessels | webschuur.com | website development |
| Jabber & Google Talk: ber at jabber.webschuur.com
| http://bler.webschuur.com | http://www.webschuur.com |

Sympal draait nu voor het grootste deel al op 4.7:
 http://help.sympal.nl/sympal_draait_nu_voor_het_grootste_deel_al_op_4_7