[development] Updated spellcheck module - now what

Will Wyatt will at willwyatt.com
Thu Mar 9 17:18:25 UTC 2006

Hi all. I've completly rewritten the old 4.5 spellcheck module. I'm
about ready to 'release' the module and wonder what I'm supposed to do
now. I could create a patch, but there is almost nothing that remains
from the old spellcheck module. This is also my first module for
Drupal, so I'm hoping I've done everything correctly.

So, what should I do now?

The module uses the GPL'ed Speller Pages from
http://spellerpages.sourceforge.net and requires aspell on the server.
You can try it out at http://test.willwyatt.com you can login as
testuser/testuser and create a blog entry. There should be a 'Check
Spelling' button below the body form element.

The module only works with 4.7 and has only been tested against 4.7 CVS.

The module really is just a front end to aspell, so your mileage may
vary depending on your aspell installation.

Code is available http://www.willwyatt.com/files/spellcheck.tar.gz

I guess if the code meets requirements I'd like to be the maintainer
of the new module.

--
Proud member of the KEXP cubicle army.
http://www.cubiclearmy.com