[development] Can someone confirm -- Minimum MySQL Privileges?

Allie Micka allie at pajunas.com
Tue Mar 14 01:17:02 UTC 2006

On Mar 13, 2006, at 4:51 PM, Kieran Lal wrote:

> CivicSpace has been getting a complaints from users since CiviCRM
> introduced a lock table requirement to CivicSpace.  We should
> investigate why many cheap hosting companies do not allow lock
> table permissions, and find out how widely this will effect Drupal
> upgrading to 4.7.

Don't worry, users will have much bigger problems than LOCK TABLE
when they upgrade to 4.7 ;)

As mentioned in this thread, you now also need CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE
permission (search).  And for even basic admin use (installing a
module), CREATE, DROP, ALTER and friends are also required.

See:
   http://lists.drupal.org/archives/development/2005-10/msg00531.html
   http://lists.drupal.org/archives/development/2006-01/msg00676.html

Allie Micka
pajunas interactive, inc.
http://www.pajunas.com

scalable web hosting and open source strategies