[development] New Commenting System at DailyKos

Raven Brooks raven.brooks at buyblue.org
Mon Mar 13 17:53:17 UTC 2006

I know we are in 4.7 lockdown mode but it is worth everyone checking out the new commenting system that just got put in place at DailyKos.  They aren't using Drupal of course but it may spur some nifty ideas to improve comments in 4.8 and beyond.

The diary describing all of it is here: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/3/13/25058/9474

Even without the nifty Ajax stuff it would be nice to see some of that stuff like comment ratings, auto-hide troll comments, etc make it into the core comments module.

I'll crosspost in the forums shortly for further discussion but the site seems to be down right now.

Raven Brooks
President and Chair, BuyBlue.org
Http://www.buyblue.org

Vote with your wallet!