[development] HTML / Plain text emails

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Wed Mar 15 09:48:24 UTC 2006

Op woensdag 15 maart 2006 06:31, schreef Moshe Weitzman:
> HTML to text is needed by any module that wants to send web content via
> email or SMS. i've seen custom code for this in notify, subscription,
> project, newsletter and organic groups modules ... moving this feature to
> core is best approach IMO

Moshe is correct. This is a function set that is used very often, having it in
core is a good idea.

Maybe its a good plan (AFTER 4.7 ;) )  to set up a forum thread or email
discussion to get a list of requirements and functional description. If we
have agreed upon what APIs are required, which ones are nice but not used
often. Waht parameters we should be able to change. etc., we will IMO be able
to get something done. :)

Bèr