[development] HTML / Plain text emails

Dries Knapen dries.knapen at versateladsl.be
Wed Mar 15 13:27:06 UTC 2006

On 15 Mar 2006, at 00:59, Neil Drumm wrote:

> After the recent security announcement went out as HTML email there
> was a bit of chatter. Here is how to make things change:
>
> - Security announcements and Drupal newsletters are sent using the
> simplenews module, development will happen there.

Simplenews has basic html2txt functionality. As far as I know, these
functions are the same as in the development version of Gerhard's
mail.inc. All previous newsletters and security announcements were
sent this way (created as an html node and converted to text by
simplenews). Why were yesterday's announcements sent as html? Was
there a problem?

I agree that we should move to using multipart/alternate instead of
html only.

Dries Knapen