[development] Table node_access: Deleting rows filled with 0s for all 3 grants.

Dave Cohen drupal at dave-cohen.com
Mon Mar 20 08:25:19 UTC 2006

Keve,

My understanding is that you should not write the rows which grant nothing, as
you state.  Regarding writing at least one row per node, even if it grants
nothing, I'm not sure.  If you find that useful for checking integrity then I
don't see it doing harm.

What is the expected behavior when a node has no grants in the node_access
table?  I think either:

a) noone is allowed to view that node.  Or,

b) another module might write an entry to the node_access table.  That is, the
user has two access control modules installed.

While (b) should remain possible, I think it will be rare.  More likely the
user has made a node which noone can see, including themselves.  Is this
really what they wanted?

-Dave