[development] Formapi formalter

Robert Douglass r.douglass at onlinehome.de
Tue Mar 28 17:10:53 UTC 2006

Ber, you've run into the same problem I had when I introduced this issue:
http://drupal.org/node/30993

The problem is, you don't want the taxonomy tree at all. It is very
expensive to build and very difficult to use after. What you want is to
build your own widget, and this patch lets you do it. It probably
doesn't apply cleanly anymore, but you can see what the main idea is
just by reading the patch.

I won't argue that the patch in the issue is a good solution. A larger
restructuring needs to happen before taxonomy can be used in truly
creative ways.

-Robert