[development] user deletion

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Tue Mar 28 18:25:05 UTC 2006

John Handelaar wrote:

> Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:

>>> to one account, can it please not be Anonymous User?
>>

>> Too late.
>

> So you committed it anyway, despite asking
> for objections?
>
> May I ask what the point was of your original message?

I didn't commit it right away, but waited a few hours. In case you
didn't notice: The development of Drupal has been sped up in order to
get 4.7 out of the door. The patch did also exist for a few days before
I committed it.

> The old user deletion may have been broken but it
> was far less destructive to data than this.

Yes, it was broken. Now I consider it fixed. It removes all traces of
the user from the system. That is what most people will consider to be
the purpose of a delete function. If you don't want that to happen,
don't delete users but block them.

Cheers,
    Gerhard