[development] user deletion

Jeremy Epstein jazepstein at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 04:19:59 UTC 2006

On 3/29/06, Moshe Weitzman <weitzman at tejasa.com> wrote:
> Some rainy day, I'm sure a patch will
> arise which assigns all this content to uid=-1 or something like that and
> we'll begin the process again.

thanks for mentioning that uid = -1 thing, moshe... that kind of got
me thinking, maybe we could implement a new system, where there are a
whole bunch of 'system' users in Drupal (kind of like you have
'system' users in Unix, such as a 'web server user' and a 'firewall'
user), all of which have negative uids. This would be consistent with
the way we use negative IDs to specify dynamic menu items, and
positive IDs to represent permanent ones. Some candidates for 'Drupal
system users' that come to mind would be 'cron' and 'deleted'.

Having now committed the crime of suggesting a new feature when I
should be fixing 4.7 bugs, I will now face my punishment of death by
firing squad... ;-)

Jaza.