5.0 and or 4.8 (was Re: [development] Drupal x.x.0 freeze date)

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Mon May 1 18:01:46 UTC 2006

Bèr Kessels wrote:
>  * views in core. Will require a lot of code and modules in core to be
> removed. Not changed, but removed!

I don't, honestly, see this happening for a variety of reasons. Views
works well as a contrib module, and in that light, I think it's a great
motivator to actually remove a bunch of stuff from core entirely, and
move them into the talked-about-but-as-yet-not-implemented 'golden'
contrib area, where the modules in that area have a higher level of
scrutiny and review, similar to core.