[development] Move all core modules into their own directories.

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Tue May 2 19:41:13 UTC 2006

On 02 May 2006, at 9:19 PM, Neil Drumm wrote:
> - I would do things as I usually do with CVS- mv; cvs rm; cvs add.
> Then someone would yell at me for losing the history.
> - It kinda feels like shuffling the files around for the sake of
> shuffling. Maybe this should be coupled with something I talked
> with Kieran about last friday, help in separate human-readable
> files instead of PHP. The other option of course is making .install
> files for core modules, but I think thats less doable.
http://lists.drupal.org/archives/development/2006-02/msg00460.html

pretty good summary

The 2 things I am working on is the dependency system, which
introduces meta-information for all of the modules / themes / blah.
And then there's the changes for the db api, namely db_create_table,
and db_add_column etc. functions.

Along with individual module directories and install files, this
_could_ drastically improve how much maintenance db schema's and the
like take.

Additionally, it makes all our distributions the same. When we build
install profiles, they will just happen to ship with a different set
of directories.

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy