[development] SoC - ImageMagick integration for Drupal

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Tue May 2 22:19:21 UTC 2006

On 03 May 2006, at 12:16 AM, mark burdett wrote:

> Hi,
> we did some work on using the magickwand php extension
> http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/sandbox/mfb/
> includes/image.magickwand.inc
>
> As of yet I don't think it correctly supports layers (e.g., if a user
> uploads a PSD file with multiple layers and effects, the resulting PNG
> will not be what they expect).
The issue with the magickwand api is also thhat it's a third party
library that needs to be compiled / installed
by the system administrator. It's not nearly as widely available and
well tested as the imagemagick binary itself.

That code is an excellent starting point though =)

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy