[development] SoC - ImageMagick integration for Drupal

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Tue May 2 23:10:58 UTC 2006

On 03 May 2006, at 12:42 AM, mark burdett wrote:

> Magickwand is by the same third party bringing you the binary. The
> only requirement to install the php extension is a recent version of
> imagemagick.
My preference is the executable exactly because of that.

  Most people do not have access to their own servers.

I believe that more people have access to the imagemagick binaries
than have access
to the php extension, and while I might be able to easily install the
extension on my
unix machines, most people can't.

The other interesting question is which versions of ImageMagick to
support.

I know they drastically changed their parameters in the last few
(major) releases.

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy