[development] Time to remove poll module from core

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed May 3 03:59:01 UTC 2006

> I had asked before why this module could not be bundled in with the blog
> module; as in making it an extension just as comments and trackbacks.

I hear ya. I think, to some degree, what you want is possible now.
Sorta. Say you make a new poll, and assign it to a block. Then, your
theme would make a new block region "inside" the appearance of your blog
post, and your poll block would go there. The problem is: a) this is not
admin-friendly whatsoever, b) there's some craziness involved with
setting the block options to only appear on certain URLs, etc.
Regardless, however, I think it *is* possible right now.

> Anyhow, it's one of those features I'd

I'd like a feature in email clients that'd forbid sending of mail
where the signature is longer than the body of the message itself.

--
Morbus Iff ( i subscribe to the theory of intellectual osmosis )