[development] Time to remove poll module from core

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Wed May 3 04:46:51 UTC 2006

I'm of the mind that a "minimal core" should include those modules needed to
get a site with a bunch of static pages (page nodes currently) up and
running, and those internal/api modules that are of near-universal
application (block, throttle, menu, path, etc.), and that's it.  Everything
from there on should be an add-on, either from a "first class citizen module"
repository, an install profile that includes a dozen additional modules,
contrib, or whatever.

Just enough to be functional and whet a new user's appetite for more, and to
give distribution builders a streamlined, low-cruft base to start from.

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson