[development] Development focus

Jeremy Epstein jazepstein at gmail.com
Wed May 3 12:47:05 UTC 2006

On 5/3/06, Adrian Rossouw <adrian at bryght.com> wrote:
> On 03 May 2006, at 8:41 AM, Dries Buytaert wrote:
> >   1. Figure out a way to make it easy to install the CCK.  Having
> > to enable 5-10 modules is annoying.  Having a better install
> > system, with a build in dependency tracker, seems necessary.
> I'm working on it, with the new dependencies module.

So, will there be anything that the dependencies module depends upon? :-p

Seriously, though - is it a good idea to put the dependency system
into a module? I would have thought that it belongs in a .inc file
(e.g. module.inc), since it will need to be available before any of
the module-loading-and-checking stuff happens in a Drupal bootstrap.

Jeremy Epstein
GreenAsh Services
www.greenash.net.au