[development] SoC: Multi-site administration through rich XUL client

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Wed May 3 23:14:05 UTC 2006

On 3-May-06, at 3:54 PM, Ben Francis wrote:

> Eric Brunner-Williams wrote:
>
>>> Other usecases?
>
> * enable/disable modules (possibly what you meant by security)

I think you should focus on "do often" use cases for a first pass.
It's unlikely that people toggle modules on and off a lot, other than
when first experimenting.

> * view logs
>
> I aven't really looked into this but we may be limited in some
> cases by
> the in-line HTML problem which would mean rewriting some functions as
> part of the remote adminstration module.
>
> Going off on a slight tangent...
>
> Would it be overambitious to try and use the client to automate the
> creation of new drupal sites on a single Drupal installation, by
> writing
> new configuration files and populating database tables? Perhaps
> this is
> a possible future addition?

This is interesting. The XUL client as Drupal installer? Kind of like
some of the MySQL remote config/admin tools? It's an interesting
direction, certainly.

-- Boris