[development] Move all core modules into their own directories.

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Thu May 4 15:49:27 UTC 2006

> Indeed, that is exactly why I suggest creating it as a completely separate
> engine. Though as I think on it, the current setup doesn't support running the
> same theme with multiple engines, that I'm aware of. I'm not actually sure.

The point of my original e-mail is that for such a system to be
successful, it needs to be default.  If theme_ functions remain the
default fallback mechanism, we don't get the full advantage (eg. the
modules and memory footprint won't go down) making it a lot less
attractive.  In fact, things would get worse, as we'd need to
duplicate the theme_ functions as stand-alone templates (eg. creating
maintenance overhead).

--
Dries Buytaert :: http://buytaert.net/