[development] Forms APIing our theme system

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Thu May 4 20:29:26 UTC 2006

On 04 May 2006, at 6:28 PM, Nedjo Rogers wrote:
> Here's another place the Forms API shines. We pass a well defined,
> structured data set. Clean separation of content and presentation.
Forms API as it stands is a misnomer.

The reason I did it (personally) was for the render API part of it.
Which is exactly what you are interested in here.

I have started writing a bigger design document on the theme /
template stuff as it stands
currently, and after that I am going to start writing one for FAPI 2.0.

I believe it is important that we migrate towards this, but I think
perchance it's a 5.0
goal and not a 4.8 one.

--
Adrian Rossouw