[development] Forms APIing our theme system

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Fri May 5 01:23:48 UTC 2006

> > Here's another place the Forms API shines. We pass a well defined,
> > structured data set. Clean separation of content and presentation.
>
> Forms API as it stands is a misnomer.

Amen to that.

Going  forward, if anything should be called "Drupal API", it is FAPI.

Did anyone notice that we have a knack for these misnomers? For
example "menu" is links on blocks, the "path" system, and later
the  menu callback system. Confusing to those who are not familiar
with it.

Not a big show stopper certainly, in my opinion, but something that
if improved would help communicating to users (admins and developers
in particular).

Regards