[development] WANTED: Mentors for AJAX/JS SoC projects

Angie Byron drupal-devel at webchick.net
Thu May 4 17:22:57 UTC 2006

There have been at least a few applications submitted thusfar that are centred
around AJAX and JS scripting. If you have some expertise in this area, and can
spare some time over the summer to help guide students and help them out if they
get in a jam, please sign up @ the
http://groups.drupal.org/google-summer-of-code-2006 and view the post there
about getting registered to Google as a mentor.

If you're already signed up to be a mentor, please check out some of the AJAX
applications and vote on them/offer to take one of them on as a mentor. Remember
that we're ideally planning to offer 2 mentors per student so the more mentors
we have, the better, because a) it means a better experience for the student, b)
it means less of a time commitment is required by each individual mentor.

So please, sign up and get involved so we can get some really cool "AJAX-y" ;)
projects done for Drupal over the summer!! :)

-Angie