[bcc][faked-from] RE: [development] hook_foo() vs. nodeapi

Mark Fredrickson mfredrickson at ppmns.org
Sun May 7 23:39:10 UTC 2006

I've been working on the code to export/import and define module
types for CCK.

http://drupal.org/node/58153

My solution has been to simply serialize the content type object and
then unserialize and import just as if the user were creating a new
node type. Modules could invoke content_import_type() during
hook_install to add their content types (by simply storing the
serialized string in code).

It's not entirely working yet, but it is on the way.

-Mark