[development] hook_foo() vs. nodeapi

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Mon May 8 08:36:36 UTC 2006

On 08 May 2006, at 1:17 AM, Jeff Eaton wrote:

> CCK 'field types' are specific kinds of data, like URLs or images or
> large blocks of text or numbers or dates.
> CCK 'widgets' are UI elements that edit those pieces of data (like a
> dropdown list of user accounts)
> CCK 'content types' are defined collections of fields, with the
> settings
> regarding which widgets should be used to edit them. (One field
> type may
> support numerous different editing widgets for different UI needs)

And I want to build on that for FAPI 2.0

You define the fields that are in your form, then you place the
widgets where you
want them in the form structure (ie: add fieldsets, tables, etc).

Apart from the database backend that cck provides, all the validation
and rounding and
all that would be re-usable by fapi.

--
Adrian Rossouw