[development] Pathauto scaleability - path column in node / user table

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Mon May 8 11:22:25 UTC 2006

One of the things we discussed doing once 4.8 is open, around the
time of vancouver, was
that in order to maintain an alias for each and every node, using the
path table for that,
was just not going to scale.

So, simply adding a 'path' column, which is in effect the preferred
alias for that object, and then using a
node_link($node) function (or just l($node->path)), would allow us to
run modules like pathauto on
very large production sites with thousands of nodes.

This is a faily simple, albeit fairly large patch. Do we have any
volunteers / naysayers?

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy