[development] code freeze: september 1

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Mon May 8 14:49:17 UTC 2006

On 08 May 2006, at 14:19, Moshe Weitzman wrote:
> My one request is that HEAD be open for during the Brussels
> SupperHappyDevHouse/Drupalcon event which starts around Sep 18.
> Does not
> matter if it is 4.8 or beyond.

If we freeze on September 1st, we won't be able to open up
development on September 18.  Opening up development while too many
bugs need fixing creates a lot of additional overhead.  Personally, I
don't mind having a conference during a code freeze.  It means less
pressure and less pushing, and avoids that the regular review
mechanism (patch queeue) gets by-passed.

> Event discussion at http://groups.drupal.org/drupalcon-
> brussels-2006 and on
> the conferences mailing list.

If we want DrupalCON Brussels to become a reality, we'll need some
people to help organize it.  I added some thoughts to the group.